This decade was filled with many accomplishments and milestones for SunPower. The company was publicly listed on the NASDAQ with CEO Tom Werner taking the company to new levels. SunPower set new world records in solar cell efficiency.
Our world-record efficiency A-300 solar cells power NASA’s Helios project, achieving a record altitude of 29.52 km.
The Cypress Semiconductor board invests $8 million in SunPower.
SunPower recruits Tom Werner as CEO to take the company to the next level.
Our first manufacturing facility (Fab 1) comes online in the Philippines and the company’s first utility-scale power plant comes online in Bavaria.
A successful initial public offering fuels new growth and a solidified position in the solar market.
- SunPower begins volume production of its record-breaking high-efficiency solar cell, averaging 22.4% conversion efficiency.
- SunPower acquires PowerLight, resulting in a vertically integrated company that serves the residential, commercial and utility-scale power plant markets.
- A second manufacturing facility (Fab 2) with 330 MW capacity rating on 10 lines comes online in the Philippines.
SunPower announces a world-record monocrystalline silicon prototype solar cell with efficiency of 23.4%.
- President Obama dedicates a 25 MW SunPower solar power plant system at Florida Power & Light’s Desoto installation.
- PlanetSolar chooses SunPower high-efficiency solar cells to power the world's largest solar catamaran.