Utility Scale Solar, Simplified
The SunPower® Oasis® Power Plant has dramatically simplified large-scale solar.
A typically time-consuming, complicated process has been streamlined using our modular Oasis power blocks.
The Oasis power plant is a fully integrated solution, built with cost-optimised power blocks seamlessly integrated into a turnkey energy solution. Offering a high energy density,* SunPower power blocks are designed to deliver reliable utility-scale solar energy, minimizing the cost of energy and a strong return on investment for customers .
- *. Most energy per rated watt compared to the top ten solar manufacturers (9 of the top 10 manufacturers were tested, based on Photon Consulting 2013, Silicon module shipments). Photon International, 2012 and 2014.
- 75% Less Water - Only 300 ml of water used per panel vs 1,200 ml of water per panel using manual cleaning methods1.
- 10x Faster and Scalable - 5 MWdc cleaned in one ten-hour shift with a two-person, four-robot team vs 0.5 MWdc for the same size team in the same time frame using manual cleaning methods2.
- Cleans at Night - Avoids disruption during daytime energy-producing hours.
- 1. Based on experience with robotic cleaning at actual SunPower sites, compared to data tracked by subcontracted manual cleaners utilized at a SunPower project.
- 2. Based on experience with robotic cleaning at actual SunPower sites, compared to cleaners using manual brushes on thin-film array (as referenced in presentation by competitive module manufacturer.
Oasis 1.5 MW Power Blocks come in a variety of configurations yet feature standardised engineering, procurement and installation, and are easily scaled from sub 10 MW to 500 MW.
SunPower Oasis Components:
- SunPower C1 Single-Axis Tracker
- Smart Inverter Station
- Standard DC Electrical
- SunPower Tracker Monitoring and Control System
SunPower has designed and installed solar power plants all around the world.
- Over 1.5 GW of Oasis C1 systems operating, in construction, or under contract
- Over 1 GW of trackers in commercial operation
- Over USD $6 billion of financed projects with SunPower trackers
- Investment-grade rating (Aa2) for Montalto Power Plant from Moody’s*
Some of our projects include:
- 579 MW Solar Star Projects, US
- 250 MW California Valley Solar Ranch, US
- 125 MW Quinto solar project, US
- 100 MW Henrietta solar plant, US
- 84 MW Montalto Power Plant, Italy
- 33 MW Herbert & Greefspan Power Plant, South Africa
- 1 MW Uterne power plant, Australia
- *. Investment grade rating for Montalto project bond, Italy, Dec 2010.
In data collected between June 2009 and June 2012, SunPower utility-scale power plants delivered more than 99% availability,* ensuring that our utility power plant customers get the energy delivery they expect from their solar power plant.
- Based on experience with robotic cleaning at actual SunPower sites, compared to data tracked by subcontracted manual cleaners employed at a SunPower project.
- Based on experience with robotic cleaning at actual SunPower sites, compared to cleaners using manual brushes on thin-film array (as referenced in presentation by competitive module manufacturer).