SunPower® Performance Series panels are designed to deliver consistent performance and excellent value to businesses, government and power plant customers. The unique panel design produces more power than conventional commercial panels1when there is shade, debris and dirt, meaning more energy over the lifetime of the system.
SunPower builds Performance Series panels with its proven module materials, including a proprietary encapsulant that prevents PID and protects the solar cells from degradation caused by moisture.
- 1. Conventional panel defined as standard 60 or 72-cell 3-diode solar panel.
- More energy: Performance Series modules deliver more energy than conventional panels due to higher performance in row-to-row shading. The unique parallel circuitry limits shading loss to the shaded area, whereas power loss on conventional panels greatly exceeds the shaded area2
- More reliable: Robust shingled design replaces soldered copper ribbons with flexible connections, providing superior durability under thermal expansion and contraction. Smaller solar cells carry 1/6 of the current so they stay 50% cooler when partly shaded, enabling longer panel life. .3
- More power: The Performance Series design minimises white space between solar cells, eliminates reflective metal lines on the cells and lowers electrical resistance between cells, increasing efficiency compared to Conventional Commercial Panels.
- More peace of mind: Tested to SunPower’s rigorous quality standards and backed by the industry’s best Power, Product and Service Warranty.4
- 2. Actual results depend on module orientation and time of day. Independent Shade Study by CFV Laboratory.
- 3. SunPower Performance Series – Thermal Performance, Z.Campeau 2016.
- 4. Compared with the top 20 panel manufacturers (IHS, “PV Integrated Market Tracker – 2014 Module Suppliers Ranking”). SunPower Warranty Review, 2015.